The IEEE Smart Cities Newsletter, an online publication features practical and timely technical information and forward-looking commentary on Smart Cities developments and deployments around the world. Designed to bring clarity to the global Smart Cities industry and to foster greater understanding and collaboration between diverse stakeholders, the newsletter brings together experts, thought-leaders, and decision-makers to exchange information and discuss issues affecting the evolution of the Smart Cities.
This Web Portal (http://smartcities.ieee.org/) is home to the eNewsletter. The IEEE Smart Cities eNewsletter strives to publish articles in a timely fashion and offers a rigorous review process to ensure the highest quality publication for your work. Each month the recently published articles are proactively promoted through the broad array of IEEE communications vehicles.
To submit an idea for an article, please fill out the form. You can select a topic for a future issue (see the form), or submit your own idea. Intial submission includes an overview & copyright form. For more info, check out IEEE Smart Cities Author Guidelines.
IEEE P2814 - Recommended Practice on Techno-economic Metrics for Hybrid Energy and Storage Systems - Dr Chun Sing Lai, Brunel University London, UK; Dr Dongxiao Wang, Australia Energy Market Operator, Australia; Mr Michael Sanders, Salt River Project, USA.
- Coordination of Storage Systems to reduce the Impact of high Penetration of Solar Energy in Distribution Network by Dongxiao Wang
Interpretable Machine Learning for Smart Cities - by Wei Zhang, Xue Feng, King Jet Tseng and Yonggang Wen
- Minimum Data Sensing Enables Sustainable Digital Twins for Smart Infrastructure and Cities - By Prof. Weisi Guo, Mr. Zhuangkun Wei, Dr. Alessio Pagani
- AI Driven, Demand-rated, Reconfigurable Pipeline Design and Drinking Water Distribution System - By G A Shanmugha Sundarama,
- Detecting Traffic Event Related Blog Posts by Using Traffic Related Named Entities - By A. Dundar Unsal, Pinar Karagoz, Hediye Tuydes-Yaman
- IEEE P2660.1 Recommendation Practices on Industrial Agents: Integration of Software Agents and Low-Level Automation Functions - By Paulo Leitao and Thomas Strasser
- Report on the 2nd Annual IEEE International Forum Smart Grid for Smart Cities - November 2018
Toward a Resilient Smart Grid for a Smart City - Defensive Scheme of Network Failure by Extreme Weather Events - Ms. Liping Huang, Dr. Hao-Tian Zhang and Dr. Chun Sing Lai
Intelligent Mobility Characterization and Analytics for Crowd Management in Smart Cities - Abdoh Jabbari, Khalid J Almalki, Baek-Young Choi and Sejun Song
- Smart infrastructure planning: Coordinating distributed community energy resources - Emi Minghui Guia, Iain MacGillb, Regina Betzc
- Non-Standard Chinese Building Address Standardization in Smart City - Xue-feng Xi, Bao-chuan Fu and Victor S. Sheng
Past articles are available via the IEEE Smart Cities Resource Center. Content in the IEEE SC Resource Center is complimentary to members of the Smart Cities Partners Organizations (ComSoc, CSS, IAS, PES, SMCS). IEEE members who are not members of the IEEE SC partners can access the material at a reduced cost.