IEEE Plugs Into Smart Cities Movement
The First Annual IEEE International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2-2015) was held 25-28 October 2015 in Guadalajara, Mexico. This premier conference provided a forum to explore smart city efforts worldwide, with a special focus on sustainability.
Urban Planning: Defining the Smart Grid
As the world’s cities continue to grow denser, they are becoming paramount to clean living and efficient use of precious resources. But to have a smart city, we must begin with a smart blueprint.
[IEEE Xplore] Readings on Smart Cities: Smart Grids
This issue of our Readings on Smart Cities starts a discussion on the role of Smart Grids in enabling and fostering the smartification process of urban settings, exploring the concept and ways in which it can be effectively implemented.
- [IEEE Xplore] Readings on Smart Cities
- EIT ICT Labs Blog by Roberto Saracco
- The Guardian: Smart Cities
- "Smart Cities" - IEEE Internet Computing Guest Editor's Introduction (IEEE Xplore)
- Standardization: Living in the Smart Cities of the Future: eWork, eMobility and Connection to the Smart Grids (IEEE Standards Insight Blog)
- Smart Cities: A Brave New Digital World (Wired Innovation Insights)