All of China's Buses Might Be Electric by 2025
"China just announced the deployment of the world’s largest electric buses – in the city of Shenzen. The number of electric buses on China’s roads went over 100,000 in 2015 – over 20% of the country’s share of buses. If this trend continues, all the country’s buses will be electric in 10 years."
Bosch Haptic Pedal Can Save You 7 Percent on Gas
"Bosch has developed an intelligent haptic gas pedal that can help your car intuitively communicate with you about when to accelerate and when to brake in order to maximize fuel efficiency. These helpful hints could reduce your fuel consumption by up to 7 percent while also making you drive more safely."
[IEEE Xplore] Readings on Smart Cities: Parking Smartly
In this issue of our Readings on Smart Cities, we look into the parking lot problem from the perspective of smart cities. The three selected papers stir up important issues and identify innovative ways leveraged on low-cost, low-power sensing and communication technologies offered by the Internet of Things (IoT) so as to make parking management systems smarter.
- [IEEE Xplore] Readings on Smart Cities
- U.S. Department of Transportation Smart City Challenge
- EIT ICT Labs Blog by Roberto Saracco
- The Times of India: Smart Cities
- The Guardian: Smart Cities
- "Smart Cities" - IEEE Internet Computing Guest Editor's Introduction (IEEE Xplore)
- Standardization: Living in the Smart Cities of the Future: eWork, eMobility and Connection to the Smart Grids (IEEE Standards Insight Blog)