IEEE International Summer School on Smart Cities (IEEE S3C)
2-6 July 2018 | KTH Royal Institute of Technology
This Summer School on Smart Cities will provide an overview of the latest technical progresses related to smart cities via realistic case studies delivered by well known scholars, active researchers and practitioners, as well as present challenges and opportunities for future research and applications.
Moreover, the summer school will provide an opportunity for all participants to gain some hand-on experience via realistic projects in a hackathon (se below), and several networking opportunities. Topics covered (to be finilized):
- Smart cities – challenges and opportunities
- Big data analytics and cognitive analytics
- Smart City as a Cyber-Physical Social System
- Smart building and energy systems
- Sensing and control in smart cities
- Gaming and interactive visualization
- Reinforcement learning
- Streaming machine learning
- Geographical Information Systems and the Google Earth Engine
- 5G technology for smart cities
IEEE Smart City Challenge
IEEE has launched an online campaign, the IEEE Smart City Challenge. We want engineers and techies from around the world to tell us how they would improve the energy, communications, transportation or infrastructure of a city to make it smarter.